Art & Antiques News
- Exploring military past via servicewomen’s mail January 22, 2018Inspired by a story submission for the 2017 Nostalgic Treasures issue/contest, long-time Antique Trader reader B.C. shares his own appreciation for mail penned by servicewomen. The post Exploring mili […]Antique Trader Staff
- Brave: Mail-order bride embarks on journey of a lifetime January 22, 2018My grandmother, born in 1890, grew up in Pennsylvania in a strong religious family with four sisters. Church functions were the main entertainment in that city. Finding a Beau, Becoming a Bride She w […]Antique Trader News
- 6 captivating lots from a unique book collection January 21, 2018Hundreds of signed, first edition literary works are coming to auction Jan. 24 through Everything But the House. It's the book collection of a late publisher, philanthropist. The post 6 captivati […]Antoinette Rahn
- New Prices and Pictures Added to Kovels’ Online Price Guide January 17, 2018The online price guide at Kovels.com has just gotten even larger! We've added more than 25,000 current prices and 2,500 color photos of antiques and collectibles from shops, shows, flea markets, […]
- It's #whatsitwednesday! January 17, 2018Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to email@example.com and att […]
- Kovels' Most Popular Articles of 2017 January 10, 2018Happy 2018! It’s time for our look back at 2017 to see what articles were your favorites. By far the most popular were articles on what to collect or NOT to collect and the thrill of finding/discoveri […]
- Nene Humphrey at Lesley Heller Workspace, New York January 22, 2018See images from one notable show every weekday. Read More The post Nene Humphrey at Lesley Heller Workspace, New York appeared first on ARTnews. […]The Editors of ARTnews
- French Artists, Arts Professionals Pan Jeff Koons’s Proposed Paris Memorial to Victims of Terrorist Attacks January 22, 2018The 30-ton work has ignited controversy in the French capital. Read More The post French Artists, Arts Professionals Pan Jeff Koons’s Proposed Paris Memorial to Victims of Terrorist Attacks appeared f […]Alex Greenberger
- NADA New York to Launch Acquisition Fund for Bronx Museum of the Arts January 22, 2018The next edition of the fair opens in New York in March. Read More The post NADA New York to Launch Acquisition Fund for Bronx Museum of the Arts appeared first on ARTnews. […]Nate Freeman
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.