Art & Antiques News
- 2017 Nostalgic Treasures Contest features stellar prizes September 19, 2017Calling all storytellers: Did you know the story about one of your nostalgic treasures could put you in the running to receive one of two great prize packs? The Antique Trader 2017 Nostalgic Treasures […]Toni Rahn
- Dating antique chess sets using artwork September 19, 2017Gaining the age of antique or collectible is one of the most sought-after items of information. When it comes to determining age of antique chess sets Jon Crumiller suggests using artwork to date sets […]Antique Trader News
- Antique Trader 2017 Nostalgic Treasures contest rules September 18, 2017To learn more about the Antique Trader 2017 Nostalgic Treasures contest, including the complete list of prizes click here>>> August 16, 2017 through October 6, 2017 F+W Media/Antique Trader 2 […]Antique Trader Staff
- We're Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Kovels’ Price Guide! September 20, 2017Kovels’ Antiques & Collectibles Price Guide 2018 is now in bookstores! With all-new prices, photos, marks and tips, the 50th anniversary edition of America’s favorite and most complete antiques pr […]
- Kovels' 50th Price Guide September 20, 2017The 50th Anniversary edition of America’s favorite and most complete antiques price guide will be available soon! Entirely new with up-to-the-minute prices and descriptions, color pictures and over 75 […]
- Happy #whatsitwednesday! September 20, 2017Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to email@example.com and att […]
- Museum of Modern Art Announces Artist List for 2018 Edition of ‘New Photography’ September 20, 2017The show, featuring 17 artists, opens next spring. Read More […]Alex Greenberger
- Carnegie International Details 2018 Edition, Announces First Participants September 20, 2017The 57th edition of the show opens in Pittsburgh in October 2018. Read More […]Alex Greenberger
- The Broad Adds Four to Its Board of Directors, Including Thomas Campbell September 20, 2017Sherry Lansing, Joanne Heyeler, and Deborah Kanter have also joined. Read More […]Alex Greenberger
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.