Art & Antiques News
- Steel, coppered sculpture may fetch $450K during June 2 sale May 25, 2018Making its debut at auction June 2 is a painted, chromed and coppered steel sculpture by American artist John Angus Chamberlain. The piece is one of more than 520 lots in Palm Beach Modern Auctions […]Antique Trader Antiques Auction News
- Bidders battle over Belperron jewelry May 24, 2018Seven examples of fine jewelry by noted designer Suzanne Belperron captured bidders' attention during Fortuna's Spring sale. The Belperron selection of lots brought more than $541,250 in a s […]Antique Trader Antiques Auction News
- Bronzes to Bentwood boxes up for bid June 13-14 May 24, 2018The next Online Only Decorative Art auction presented by Pook & Pook, Inc. will feature a myriad of objects, including bronzes, Americana smalls, stoneware, trade signs, Bentwood boxes, and silver […]Antique Trader Antiques Auction News
- Memorial Day Remembrances May 23, 2018This Memorial Day Greetings postcard pictures Columbia, who signifies freedom and the pursuit of liberty, to honor our nation's fallen. Flea market browsing is a classic Memorial Day activity. […]
- It's #whatsitwednesday! May 23, 2018Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to email@example.com and att […]
- What Not to Collect: 5 Potentially Dangerous Collectibles May 22, 2018When shopping at antiques stores, flea markets and garage sales, collectors should be aware of the dangers that older items can pose. Some innocent-looking antiques can be dangerous. Read mo […]
- Philippe Vergne Will Step Down as Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles May 25, 2018A search committee has been formed to find a new leader for the institution. Read More The post Philippe Vergne Will Step Down as Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles appeared first […]The Editors of ARTnews
- Association of Art Museum Directors Sanctions Berkshire Museum, La Salle University Art Museum Over Art Sales May 25, 2018The group is calling on its more than 240 members not to work with the two museums. Read More The post Association of Art Museum Directors Sanctions Berkshire Museum, La Salle University Art Museum Ov […]Andrew Russeth
- Mathew Cerletty at Karma, New York May 25, 2018See images from one notable show every weekday. Read More The post Mathew Cerletty at Karma, New York appeared first on ARTnews. […]The Editors of ARTnews
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.