Art & Antiques News
- ‘Blazing Combat’ comic book art commands over $100K September 18, 2018YORK, Pa. – Hake’s Americana continued its long winning streak July 10-12 with a $1.9 million sale. The two-day auction, with a gap day in between sessions, was the 11th auction of the last 12 hosted […]Antique Trader Staff
- Vintage watches set the right example in our throw-away society September 17, 2018By Dakota Murphey Consumerism has taken over almost all aspects of our lives. Like it or not we have been dragged into a throw-away society where over consumption and excessive production of disposabl […]Antique Trader Staff
- Kiowa drawings of captivity bring $396,500 September 17, 2018DALLAS – A Kiowa warrior’s book of drawings documenting his captivity by the U.S. Army in 1875 sold for $396,500 in Heritage Auctions’ June 26 Ethnographic Art Auction, pushing the sale to more than $ […]Antique Trader Staff
- Kovels’ Antiques & Collectibles Price Guide 2019 Ready to Hit Book Stands September 19, 2018Kovels’ Antiques & Collectibles Price Guide 2019 is here and in bookstands September 25th. Featuring an easy-to-read format with tips, marks and logos, the 2019 Price Guide includes 16,000 prices […]
- Happy #whatsitwednesday! September 19, 2018Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and att […]
- 8 Fall Flea Markets With Something for Everyone September 12, 2018Fall brings plenty of flea markets and antiques shows. Collectors and antiques lovers have a wide choice of places to visit, explore and buy. Here are 8 favorites that are worth a trip. Some come arou […]
- Courtenay Finn Named Chief Curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland September 21, 2018She will be responsible for overseeing a new Gund Foundation–backed curatorial fellowship. Read More The post Courtenay Finn Named Chief Curator of the Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland appeared fi […]Annie Armstrong
- Ruby Sky Stiler at Nicelle Beauchene Gallery, New York September 21, 2018See images from one notable show every weekday. Read More The post Ruby Sky Stiler at Nicelle Beauchene Gallery, New York appeared first on ARTnews. […]The Editors of ARTnews
- All Booked Up: Printed Matter’s NY Art Book Fair Teems with Zines, Scenes, and Sanctuary September 21, 2018The event runs through Sunday, September 23. Read More The post All Booked Up: Printed Matter’s NY Art Book Fair Teems with Zines, Scenes, and Sanctuary appeared first on ARTnews. […]Maximilíano Durón and Alex Greenberger
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.