Art & Antiques News
- Remington ‘Bronco Buster’ a reproduction December 20, 2019BY DR. J. ANTHONY CAVO Q: I’ve attached several pictures of a “Bronco Buster” bronze statue dedicated to the Secretary of the Navy, the Honorable Benjamin Stoddert, in 1904. I was curious if there was […]Antique Trader Staff
- Andrew Jones offering mix of fine art December 20, 2019LOS ANGELES – Andrew Jones Auctions is kicking off the new year and the new decade on Saturday, Jan. 11, with a special sale dedicated to fine art from the collection of Gerard Leon Cafesjian (1925-20 […]Antique Trader Antiques Auction News
- Crain’s honors LiveAuctioneers as great place to work December 20, 2019NEW YORK – For the fourth straight year, LiveAuctioneers, the world’s leading online marketplace for auctions of fine art, antiques and investment-grade collectibles, has been named “One of the Best P […]Antique Trader News
- Fake Kardashians and CGI Porn Stars: Heji Shin’s “Angel Energy” February 21, 2020Heji Shin’s exhibition at gaga & Reena Spaulings Los Angeles, “Angel Energy,” pushed deeper into the themes of birth, beauty, and celebrity that she explored in her controversial mural-size portra […]Francesca Aton
- Ingrid Schaffner, Lauded Curator Behind 2018 Carnegie International, Heads to Chinati Foundation in Marfa, Texas February 20, 2020She had overseen a closely watched exhibitions program at the Institute of Contemporary Art Philadelphia for 15 years. […]Alex Greenberger
- Fashion Designer Rick Owens Went on a Land Art Bus Tour to Michael Heizer’s Fabled ‘City’ February 20, 2020Is it any surprise that Rick Owens, the fashion designer known as “the Lord of Darkness,” only travels in one mode: absolute style? In October, Owens and his wife, Michèle Lamy, embarked on a road tri […]Tessa Solomon
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.