Art & Antiques News
- Cash register club meeting, swapping in Illinois March 17, 2018It's been nearly 140 years since an Ohio café/saloon owner came up with the idea that would become the cash register, but thanks to members of the Cash Register Collector Club these devices conti […]Antique Trader Antiques Show News
- Three important Clementine Hunter works appearing in March 24-25 auction March 16, 2018Not one, but three seldom-seen paintings by iconic artist Clementine Hunter will come before bidders during Neal Auctions' March 24-25 sale. The post Three important Clementine Hunter works appea […]Antique Trader Antiques Auction News
- Syroco: Get the look of carving without the expense March 16, 2018There is more to Syroco than meets the eye. First, it is the name of a company, Syracuse Ornamental Company, and it is the catch-all phrase for a material that looked and felt like wood but was made o […]Antique Trader Staff
- Going Green…in an Elegant Way March 14, 2018This Saturday, thousands of people across the nation will be dripping in plastic green beads, felt hats, shamrock earrings and green T-shirts. Why not “go green” with slightly more panache? […]
- It's #whatsitwednesday! March 14, 2018Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and att […]
- It's the 100th Anniversary of Daylight Savings Time March 12, 2018This weekend, we’re “springing forward” as Daylight Savings Time begins at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 11. If you have a vintage Mickey Mouse watch or an old clock like the one pictured here, you have […]
- Fatma Bucak at Fondazione Merz, Turin, Italy March 16, 2018See images from one notable show every weekday. Read More The post Fatma Bucak at Fondazione Merz, Turin, Italy appeared first on ARTnews. […]The Editors of ARTnews
- Shenzhen Biennale Curator Fired Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations March 16, 2018Gary Xu has been accused of physical abuse. Read More The post Shenzhen Biennale Curator Fired Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations appeared first on ARTnews. […]Claire Selvin
- From the Archives: Bruce Nauman on Fishing, Surrealism, and Filmmaking, in 1967 March 16, 2018"I'm not sure how I feel about doing these pieces and then not having anyone ever hear about them." Read More The post From the Archives: Bruce Nauman on Fishing, Surrealism, and Filmma […]The Editors of ARTnews
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.