Art & Antiques News
- NPCW: Cartoonist makes his mark on National Postcard Week 2018 July 20, 2018Deltiologists around the world celebrate National Postcard Week the first full week of May each year. In 2018, Antique Trader traded NPCW postcards with dozens of postcard enthusiasts. The post NPCW: […]Karen Knapstein
- Original comic art tops $1.9M auction July 19, 2018The comic book boasting the first appearance of Robin the Boy Wonder, Detective Comics #38 from 1940, changed hands for $28,997 during Hake's July 11-12 auction. The post Original comic art tops […]Antique Trader Antiques Auction News
- Growing Market Alert: Focus on eyewear July 18, 2018Did you know the first examples of eyewear reportedly date back to 13th century Italy? Even though a lot has changed since those early years, eyewear continues to draw looks. Antique Trader contributo […]Antique Trader Staff
- What to Buy Now — Top 5 Antiques and Collectibles to Look For July 18, 2018Kovels.com reports on 5 antiques and collectibles that are currently in demand and selling fast. Top trends include anything “midcentury,” handmade baskets, vintage jewelry and period furniture. […]
- It's #whatsitwednesday! July 18, 2018Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to email@example.com and att […]
- Terry Kovel to Speak at National Bottle Convention July 11, 2018Terry Kovel will be guest speaker at the 2018 National Antique Bottle Convention in Cleveland, August 2 through 5. It's the largest antique bottle and glass event of the year. Attending? Be sure […]
- Jos de Gruyter and Harald Thys Will Rep Belgium at 2019 Venice Biennale July 20, 2018Their project will present, “not without humor, the human figure within a national pavilion reminiscent of Europe.” Read More The post Jos de Gruyter and Harald Thys Will Rep Belgium at 2019 Venice Bi […]Andrew Russeth
- ‘Activating Public Space’: A High Line Art Walk with Curator Cecilia Alemani July 20, 2018The current exhibition in the elevated park, "Agora," runs until March 2019. Read More The post ‘Activating Public Space’: A High Line Art Walk with Curator Cecilia Alemani appeared first on […]Andy Battaglia
- ‘Group Show’ at Frutta, Rome July 20, 2018See images from one notable show every weekday. Read More The post ‘Group Show’ at Frutta, Rome appeared first on ARTnews. […]The Editors of ARTnews
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.