Art & Antiques News
- Wave Crest pipe holder, unmarked, claims $13,000 November 16, 2018A gorgeous Wave Crest Native American-themed pipe holder plaque soared to $13,000 and a Wave Crest panel marked C.F. Monroe changed hands for $8,500 at an auction hosted by Woody Auction Sept. 7-8 in […]Antique Trader Staff
- Moon Rock sells for more than $600K November 16, 2018An extremely rare lunar meteorite - known as The Moon Puzzle - sold for $612,500 according to RR Auction. The meteorite was discovered in a remote area of Mauritania, in the deserts of Northwest Afric […]Antique Trader Staff
- More than 175 Japanese prints in Nov. 18 auction November 16, 2018On Sunday, Nov. 18, Turner Auctions + Appraisals is presenting the Kappy Hendricks Collection of Japanese Prints, which comprises over 175 lots. The post More than 175 Japanese prints in Nov. 18 aucti […]Antique Trader Staff
- Silver Serving Pieces for the Thanksgiving Table November 15, 2018Unique silver flatware serving pieces meant to serve specific foods have been made since Victorian times. Make the meal even more special with some of these pieces. Read more... […]
- Free Thanksgiving Table Place Cards November 13, 2018Enjoy a special gift from the Kovels — free printable vintage-style place cards for your Thanksgiving table. There are six different festive designs on one sheet. Just download, print, cut, add the na […]
- Happy #whatsitwednesday! November 13, 2018Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to email@example.com and att […]
- MoMA PS1 Installers and Maintenance Workers Union to Hold Action in Response to Museum’s Wage Policies November 16, 2018The museum and the labor group Local 30 are in the midst of negotiations. Read More The post MoMA PS1 Installers and Maintenance Workers Union to Hold Action in Response to Museum’s Wage Policies appe […]Alex Greenberger
- From the Archives: Looking at Laurie Simmons’s Work Over the Decades November 16, 2018Eleanor Hartney, Barbara A. MacAdam, and more on the artist. Read More The post From the Archives: Looking at Laurie Simmons’s Work Over the Decades appeared first on ARTnews. […]Alex Greenberger
- Consumer Reports: Seth Price November 16, 2018The artist chronicles a very busy week in and around New York spent listening to music and podcasts, finding an upstate wedding without cell service, and installing his current show at Petzel. Read Mo […]The Editors of ARTnews
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.