Art & Antiques News
- Frazetta’s work reaches dream-like status September 17, 2019Born in Brooklyn in 1928, Frank Frazetta is widely regarded as the master of modern fantasy art. Frazetta has influenced a generation of artists and filmmakers with dramatic images of muscled male war […]Antique Trader Staff
- Mystery solved: books big sellers at Heritage September 17, 2019DALLAS – Rare books from the personal collection of a giant in the New York literary community were the top draws in a recent auction, bringing in tens of thousands more than their pre-sale estimates. […]Antique Trader Antiques Auction News
- Longtime antiques dealer fulfills lifelong dream September 17, 2019At the age when most people are well into their retirement years, Frances Veillette was fulfilling her lifelong dream at 86 of opening her own antiques store. After more than 50 years of collecting an […]Antique Trader Staff
- Kovels’ Price Guide 2020 Ready to Hit Book Stands September 19, 2019Kovels’ Antiques & Collectibles Price Guide 2020 is here! It's on bookstands September 24th. Features 16,000 prices, 2,500 photographs, 500 factory marks to identify and date your antiques, […]
- Furniture “Dust”? Beware! September 11, 2019Antiques and humidity, heat, bright lights and insects don’t always get along. Strange (bad) things can happen if your collectibles are exposed to some of these dangers. But it is possible some damage […]
- 8 Great Fall Flea Markets & Antiques Shows September 4, 2019Fall brings plenty of flea markets and antiques shows. Collectors and antiques lovers have a wide choice of places to visit, explore and buy. Here are 8 perennial favorites that are worth a trip. Some […]
- Olafur Eliasson Named United Nations Development Programme’s Goodwill Ambassador September 22, 2019The environmentalist artist was awarded the title at the Social Good Summit in New York. Read More The post Olafur Eliasson Named United Nations Development Programme’s Goodwill Ambassador appeared fi […]Annie Armstrong
- ‘Someone’s Got to Suffer’: Pope.L’s Group Crawl Takes Over Manhattan September 21, 2019The performance was put on by the Public Art Fund in tandem with two Pope.L shows at New York museums. Read More The post ‘Someone’s Got to Suffer’: Pope.L’s Group Crawl Takes Over Manhattan appeared […]Annie Armstrong
- ‘We’ve Been At This For a Long Time’: Artists in ‘We Make America’ Collective Join Climate Strike September 20, 2019Artists banded together to make vibrant signage for the Climate Strike. Read More The post ‘We’ve Been At This For a Long Time’: Artists in ‘We Make America’ Collective Join Climate Strike appeared fi […]Annie Armstrong
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.