Art & Antiques News
- Do these 4 things to build ecommerce website trust March 22, 2019Seventy percent of online purchases are terminated due to lack of trust. Here are four simple steps for building trust and boosting sales. The post Do these 4 things to build ecommerce website trust a […]Wayne Jordan
- Zurko launches new coin-op event in Wheaton, Illinois March 22, 2019A new pop-culture and coin-op event, the Windy City Coin-Op and Antique Advertising Show, is slated for March 30-31 in Wheaton, Illinois. The post Zurko launches new coin-op event in Wheaton, Illinois […]Antique Trader Staff
- Important Japanese art exhibit opens at the Met March 21, 2019The exhibition The Tale of Genji: A Japanese Classic Illuminated explores the tale’s influence on Japanese art since it was written about the year 1000. The post Important Japanese art exhibit opens a […]Antique Trader Staff
- After the Flood – 10 Tips for Collectors March 21, 2019We compiled and updated our best advice on how to rescue your antiques and collectibles (including furniture, rugs and everything else) and are making it available to our readers as a free PDF downloa […]
- Happy #whatsitwednesday! March 20, 2019Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to email@example.com and att […]
- St. Patrick's Day Greetings! March 15, 2019Everyone knows the shamrock is a popular Irish symbol, but the lesser-known Irish harp is Ireland's official emblem. Get started on a St. Patrick’s Day collection! Read more... […]
- ‘We Don’t Want Dirty Money’: Decolonize This Place Protests Warren B. Kanders at Whitney Again, This Time in Warhol Retrospective March 23, 2019The action was the first of nine planned in the run-up to the biennial. Read More The post ‘We Don’t Want Dirty Money’: Decolonize This Place Protests Warren B. Kanders at Whitney Again, This Time in […]Alex Greenberger
- Report: Guggenheim Museum Says It Will Decline Sackler Funding March 23, 2019The statement came after Tate and the National Portrait Gallery in London said they would refuse money from the family. Read More The post Report: Guggenheim Museum Says It Will Decline Sackler Fundin […]The Editors of ARTnews
- Graciela Iturbide at Fotografie Forum Frankfurt, Germany March 22, 2019See images from one notable show every weekday. Read More The post Graciela Iturbide at Fotografie Forum Frankfurt, Germany appeared first on ARTnews. […]The Editors of ARTnews
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.