Art & Antiques News
- Bidders find Women in Art Auction enticing January 18, 2019John Moran Auctioneers' inaugural Women in Art auction offered works by 93 women artists. By sale's end, new records had been set for three artists. The post Bidders find Women in Art Auctio […]Antique Trader Staff
- Suits of armor bring strong results at auction January 18, 2019At the conclusion of its November sale, specialty auction house Hermann Historica ended its most successful auction and most profitable year in its history. The post Suits of armor bring strong result […]Antique Trader Staff
- Listing your events in Antique Trader is free and easy January 18, 2019Following the rules is the only cost of getting your free listings for antique shows and auctions in Antique Trader magazine and on antiquetrader.com. The post Listing your events in Antique Trader is […]Karen Knapstein
- More Than 20,000 Prices Added to Our Online Price Guide! January 17, 2019Our online price guide is bigger and better! We’ve added more than 20,000 prices and 2,500 color photos of antiques and collectibles to our already comprehensive guide. All this new information will h […]
- It's #whatsitwednesday! January 16, 2019Be the first to guess what the pictured item is by leaving a comment below. If you have your own whatsit, our editors can include it in a future post. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and att […]
- Kovels Most Popular Articles of 2018 January 9, 2019It’s time for our look back at 2018 to see which articles were reader favorites. By far the most popular were articles on what to collect or NOT to collect and the thrill of finding/discovering hidden […]
- ‘niv Acosta and Fannie Sosa: Black Power Naps’ at Performance Space New York January 22, 2019See images from one notable show every weekday. Read More The post ‘niv Acosta and Fannie Sosa: Black Power Naps’ at Performance Space New York appeared first on ARTnews. […]The Editors of ARTnews
- Bruce Silverstein Gallery Now Represents Daido Moriyama January 22, 2019The artist was formerly represented by Luhring Augustine. Read More The post Bruce Silverstein Gallery Now Represents Daido Moriyama appeared first on ARTnews. […]Annie Armstrong
- Out of Focus: ‘Never Look Away,’ Film Inspired by Gerhard Richter’s Life, Is a Smug Melodrama January 22, 2019The German artist, for his part, has distanced himself from the Oscar-nominated work. Read More The post Out of Focus: ‘Never Look Away,’ Film Inspired by Gerhard Richter’s Life, Is a Smug Melodrama a […]Ann Lewinson
The cameo image is from Ms. Cinamon's book Estate Jewelry, 1760 to 1960. The article is from Collector's Weekly. It provides an overview of antique periods and styles along with many other articles on various areas of collecting.
The downward trend in furniture prices is explained well by the Antiques Trade Gazette. While not necessarily good news for sellers, it is good news for buyers. The antiques industry is cyclical just like any other industry. What is down today could be up tomorrow. The chair is on exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It is executed in the Regency style and dates to 1804.